1 lb. chicken thighs
1 sweet onion
4 celery sticks
5 carrot sticks
1 Anaheim pepper
½ cup corn
2 serrano peppers
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cups chicken stock
1 bunch cilantro
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
¾ cups Acini Di Pepe pasta*
Salt & Pepper
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
½ tbsp garlic powder
- Start by gathering all spices. Place the cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder into a small dish. Dice up the chicken thighs into medium size cubes. Season chicken liberally on all sides.
- In the meantime, heat the Dutch oven over medium high heat. Once hot, add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken and lightly brown on each side.
- While chicken is browning chop the onions, celery, Anaheim pepper (seeds removed), carrots, and serrano pepper.
- Once chicken has browned, remove from pan, and set aside. Place the pan back over the flame and add enough oil to coat the pan. Add the carrots, onion, celery, Anaheim pepper, and serrano. Sautee until vegetables soften.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the tomato paste, tomatoes, minced garlic, cilantro, juice of 1 lime, and chicken to the pot. Stir until combined and add the chicken stock. Cook for about 15-20 min on medium heat.
- About 5 minutes before the soup is done add the pasta and corn.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, squeeze of lime, Mexican cheese, and sour cream if desired.
*Substitute for your preferred noodle
Available Home in Civita
And Always Remember, It Matters Who You Work With!
Give me a call today at (240) 461-7361 or email me at Karl@livingthesandiegolife.com for more information or to schedule a tour of the neighborhood!