Karl’s Kitchen – Spinach & Corn Risotto
¾ cup Arborio rice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
4-5 cups chicken stock
½ cup chopped spinach
¼ cup fresh or frozen corn
¼ cup dry white wine
2 tbsp lemon Juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Pour chicken or vegetable broth into a saucepan and place over low heat.
- In a medium to large sauté pan add olive oil and butter over medium heat. Stir in shallots and cook for about 1 minute. Add rice and cook for another 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Pour in white wine and continue to stir until wine is fully absorbed. Add ½ cup of broth to the rice and stir until broth is absorbed. While stirring often, continue to add ½ cup of broth at a time until the liquid is absorbed, and the rice is tender. About 20 minutes.
- Towards the end of the cook, add chopped spinach, corn, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with your favorite protein. I personally like pairing with a fresh piece of fish.