- Peel and quarter the potatoes. Place them into a pot with water and boil them until tender. In a small sauce pot, add the cream, butter, sour cream, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf. Place on very low heat until the potatoes are ready to be mashed.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once hot, add a little oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the ground beef to the pan until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the ground beef from the pan and strain to remove excess oil.
- Return the pan to medium heat, add oil to coat the bottom, and sauté the onion until caramelized. It will take about 10 mins. Then add the carrots, celery, garlic, and cook for an additional 5 mins. Add the red wine, reduce, and then add the broth followed by the tomato paste, mustard, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for a few minutes and then add the peas. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the ground beef mixture in a baking dish and spread it evenly. Once you’ve mashed your potatoes, evenly spread them over the top and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 mins, or until the top has slightly browned.
Sign up on our Civita Newsletter
to stay updated!
For monthly information on the future shopping area development, market update, new listings, new homes, fun events and much more!