Karl’s Kitchen – Bananas Foster
2 firm-ripe bananas, peeled, halved lengthwise, then halved crosswise
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons dark rum
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon and cook until the sugar is dissolved
- Put the bananas into the pan cook for about 1 minutes
- Turn the bananas over and carefully add the rum. Either tilt the pan to light the rum on fire or use long match or stick lighter. Gently swirl the pan until the flame goes out. Turn the heat off and add vanilla extract.
- In a bowl add a scope of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- (Optional) Sprinkle with a little finishing salt and extra cinnamon
Available Home in Civita
And Always Remember, It Matters Who You Work With!
Give me a call today at (240) 461-7361 or email me at Karl@livingthesandiegolife.com for more information or to schedule a tour of the neighborhood!