Karl’s Secret Spread
- Heat up a small pan, then add olive oil, onions and 1 to 2 tbsp of butter. On medium heat continue to cook and rotate the onions until they look translucent and a caramel color. This will take about 25-30mintes but is well worth it. The flavor is incredible!
- Start by heating up your grill or cast iron skillet. Liberally season burgers with garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook to desired doneness. My personal favorite is cooking to about 135-145 degrees which is medium. A few minutes before removing from the grill add your favorite cheese. I like using havarti for this one as it goes really well with the secret sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, chili flakes, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined.
- Lightly butter your rolls and place onto the grill until desired toast.
- Time to start assembling. Put the secret sauce on both sides of the bun then add the burger, onion, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and enjoy!