1 Heirloom tomato
1 burrata ball
focaccia bread or your favorite bread
Basil Balsamic Oil Ingredients
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp water
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp lemon
1 tbsp balsamic
1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Fill a small pot ¼ of the way with salted water and bring to a boil. In the meantime, make an ice bath by combining cold water and ice in a bowl.
- Place basil into boiling water for 10-15 seconds and immediately remove and place in an ice bath.
- Remove the basil from the ice bath and tap basil dry.
- Place basil, garlic, water, lemon, balsamic and salt into the food processor. Turn the food processor on and slowly incorporate oil until combined.
- Dice tomatoes and toss with basil balsamic oil. Add salt to taste.
- Add diced tomatoes, burrata, and balsamic basil oil onto your favorite bread. Drizzle with additional olive oil and top it off with finishing salt.