Karl’s Kitchen – Citrus Herbed Potato Salad
This recipe is great for summer bbq’s because it is herby and refreshing. I like making it and taking it to events and or just having it on the side with a burgers or pulled pork. This recipe is very quick and easy to make. Trust me it’s better than any store bought potato salad.
1 ½ pounds small potatoes quartered
¾ cup mayonnaise
2 celery sticks diced
½ onion diced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon zest
½ fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon rosemary
1/3 cup lightly packed fresh parsley, roughly chopped
¼ cup lightly packed fresh basil, roughly chopped
5 strips of bacon diced (Optional)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot add quartered potatoes and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are easily pierced by a fork or knife.
- Drain potatoes once fork tender and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process and let cool.
- In a large bowl add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, smoked paprika, rosemary, basil, parsley, and onion. Mix until fully incorporated and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the celery and cooled potatoes into the bowl and gently fold into the mixture until the potatoes are coated and fully incorporated. Add any additional salt and pepper and top with extra fresh basil and chopped bacon.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
Available Home in Civita
And Always Remember, It Matters Who You Work With!
Give me a call today at (240) 461-7361 or email me at Karl@livingthesandiegolife.com for more information or to schedule a tour of the neighborhood!